of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting 3/1/00
The third 2000 meeting of the Baldwin
Hills Amateur Radio Club was called to order at 1946
on March 1, 2000 by the Vice-President, Juan, KB6KMU, as
the President had not arrived yet. We met in the Garden Room,
as the Rotunda Room was being used for a commercial shoot. Also
present were Hugh, NV6H, Secretary; and David, N6HGJ,
our dauntless Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Vice-President thanked everyone for coming, and immediately
took up plans for the weekend's Los Angeles Marathon's ham radio
- The President, James, N6KWI, arrived at 1955, and
took over the Chair.
- The Secretary read the minutes from the February,
1999 meeting. They were approved with several corrections.
- The Secretary put on his other hat as ARRL Representative,
and relayed Fried Heyn's reminder that hams should show support
for SB 1714, a California State Senate bill pre-empting restrictive
local antenna laws.
- Dieter, KD6LVW, reported that 80 people showed up
at Jun's VE session, not that many below the previous month's
90. Dieter still needs volunteers to help out at these post-restructuring
II. New Business
- The President noted that the Social and Program Committee
chairmanships were still open. James reminded everyone that programs
are way more fun than just watching the officers flap their jaws
once a month.
- Dieter proposed that the Club roster should be posted to
the World Wide Web site, and also perhaps a list be compiled
of repeater users that might want to join the Club, possibly
at a reduced rate if they can't make meetings. A discussion ensued,
and it was more or less agreed upon that the first suggestion
could be made to work. It would not be that hard to ask members
with a check box on the new/renewal form, to ensure nobody's
published who doesn't want to be.
- With this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2024, until April 5, 2000.
Submitted for approval this 5th day of April, 2000
by Hugh Stegman, NV6H, Secretary