of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting 4/5/00
The fourth 2000 meeting of the Baldwin
Hills Amateur Radio Club was called to order at 1957
on April 5, 2000 by the Vice-President, Juan, KB6KMU, as
the President was not present. Also present were Hugh, NV6H,
Secretary; and David, N6HGJ, our tireless Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Vice-President mentioned that the Dayton Hamvention was
coming up, and that lodging in the area fills up early.
- The Secretary read the minutes from the March, 2000 meeting.
They were approved with a correction.
- The Secretary put on his ARRL hat and mentioned
the April 15 change in the radio licensing structure, as if anyone
didn't know. ARRL has filed its promised petition for reconsideration
with the FCC, to keep Tech Plus in the database.
- The Treasurer mentioned that the Club had a renewal, putting
the treasury at $30.
- Juan reported on the Club's participation in the soggy 2000
L.A. Marathon. A different repeater was used. Also, Juan notes
that the PA on the Baldwin 10 meter repeater is fixed.
- Greg, KD6AIS, the Community Events Chairman, also
noted that the Marathon participation went well. Juan's antenna
broke, and the Club intends to reimburse him, if anyone wants
to chip in. The UNCF walk is in May, and it needs more personnel
because there's also a bike tour this year. See Greg if you want
II. New Business
- Dieter, KD6LVW, reported on the recent testing session
at Jun's. 80 people showed up. Ted, N6ZZK, a BARC member, passed
his upgrade and gets a community service point. Ed, KD6LT, helped
out. Give that man a point too. Jun's had a paperwork-only session
scheduled for April 15th, and a regular test session on the 29th.
I'm hearing a lot of new /AG and /AE calls on the bands. Congratulations,
folks. We can use the new blood.
- With this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2040, until May 3, 2000.
Submitted for approval this 3rd day of May, 2000
by Hugh Stegman, NV6H, Secretary