of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting 5/3/00
The fifth 2000 meeting of the Baldwin
Hills Amateur Radio Club was called to order at 1945
on May 3, 2000 by the President, James, N6KWI. Also present
were the Vice-President, Juan, KB6KMU, the Secretary, Hugh,
NV6H, and Ed, WA6MDJ, Chairman of the Board.
I. Old Business
- David, N6HGJ, our Membership Chairman and Treasurer,
reported in via cellular phone that the Club had $111.77 in its
- We had a guest, Monty, KF6OTJ, so we went around and
introduced everyone present.
- The Secretary read the minutes from the April, 2000 meeting,
which were approved.
- Dieter, KD6LVW, reported that the last Jun's
VE session had 93 present. Also, they had 132 at the paperwork-only
session held on April 15.
- Ed, KD6LT, reported on the prior meeting of the Los
Angeles Area Council of Amateur Radio Clubs (LAACARC). The ARRL
SW Division Convention is in Scottsdale, AZ this year.
- Ed, WA6MDJ, spoke on repeater status. The transmitter
building on Mount Harvard has new owners, and rent may increase.
- Juan gave the community events report, as Greg, KD6AIS,
was at the meeting for the UNCF walk. This worthwhile event was
II. New Business
- Field day 2000 is June 24-25. Ed, WA6MDJ, intends
to hold the Club's participation at Guffy Campground on the Blue
Ridge site if it's open in time. The usual Col. Carl BBQ is Saturday,
and still only $10 for all you can eat.
- Dieter notes that SCRRBA continues to move 440 MHz repeaters
around to fit the new band plan, so some of your favorites may
have new frequencies.
- James thanked everyone for coming, and we stood ADJOURNED
at 2046, until June 7, 2000.
Submitted for approval this 7th day of June, 2000
by Hugh Stegman, NV6H, Secretary