of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting 6/7/00
The sixth 2000 meeting of the
Hills Amateur Radio Club
was called to order at 1952 on June 7, 2000 by the President,
James, N6KWI. Also present were the Vice-President, Juan,
KB6KMU, the Secretary, Hugh, NV6H; The Chairman
of the Board, Ed, WA6MDJ, and David, N6HGJ, our
dedicated Membership Chairman and Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Secretary read the minutes
from the May, 2000 meeting, which were approved as read. The
year's minutes have been sent to David for posting to the Club
- The Treasurer reported that the
Club treasury balance was $104.77, or seven bucks less than last
- The Club website has a new URL: http://homepage.mac.com/N6HGJ. Some people thought the filename should
be changed to "BARC."
- Dieter, KD6LVW, reported that the
last Jun's VE session had 4 VEs present, for 40 applicants, but
only one was from BARC. L
- The President called on Greg, KD6AIS,
to report on the United Negro College Fund walk/bike event. It
was successful. Greg thanked James and Mike for helping him.
- Ed, WA6MDJ, spoke on repeater status.
II. New Business
- Field day 2000 is June 24-25.
Guffy Campground is open, and it will be used.
- The President said that the next Society
of Broadcast Engineers meeting would have a speaker from Bird
on measuring power of digital signals.
- James thanked everyone for coming, and we
stood ADJOURNED at 2038, until July 5, 2000.
Submitted for approval
this 5th day of July, 2000
by Hugh Stegman, NV6H, Secretary