Minutes of the Baldwin
Hills ARC Meeting 09/06/00
The ninth 2000 meeting of Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the President, James,
N6KWI, at 1941 on October 4, 2000. Other officers present were
Juan KB6KMU, VP; Hugh, NV6H, Secretary; and David, N6HGJ, Membership
- Old Business
- The Secretary read the minutes of the August meeting, which
- New Business
- We welcome our latest member, James Chin. This brings the
membership to 53.
- LAACARC: Ed, KD6LT, reported on the recent meeting of the
Los Angeles Area Council of Amateur Radio Clubs. Fried Heyn,
our division director, said that the ARRL is still fighting both
L.A. city and county over their desire to use frequencies in
the 2.4 GHz amateur band for video downlinking. The governor
has the California PRB-1 like bill (and he has since vetoed it).
Our new QSL manager is Steve, N6QEK.
- Dieter: There were 23 at the September test session at Jun's.
20 passed something. Contact D. Smith if you want to work at
the beach cleanup. (See October minutes.)
- Juan/repeaters: 2 meters on Santiago has low output. 10 meters
is poof. They will effect repair.
- President: Believe it or not, it's election time. Nominations
will begin at the next meeting, October 4.
With this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2030 until October 4, 2000.