Minutes of the Baldwin
Hills ARC Meeting 10/04/00
The tenth 2000 meeting of Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the President, James,
N6KWI, at 1945 on October 4, 2000. Other officers present were
Juan KB6KMU, VP; David, N6HGJ, Membership Treasurer and Ed WA6MDJ,
Chairman of the Board.
- Old Business
- Beach Cleanup: Ed, KD6LT and Dieter, KD6LVW reported: Not
very well organized. "Strip down version" of last year.
They thank Ed for use of the repeaters.
- New Business
- Board: Ed requests we send out letters to all membership
announcing the election meeting in February (it should include
tear-off ballot). He would like to hold a Board meeting in October.
Christmas Party needs to be planned (facility reserved).
- Repeaters: Ed reports that Keith is back in town and a trip
to Santiago is being scheduled to fix the 2M repeater before
the weather gets too bad. Also, a trip to Harvard is being talked
- VP Report: Juan says he sees old faces at the meeting.
- Treasurer report: No change.
- Membership Report: David reports, 1 new member.
- VE Testing: Dieter reports that at the last session, attendance
of 18, 16 passes, 2 failures. 3 were returns. There was no VE
- SCRBA: Dieter reports that a meeting may be scheduled for
- Digital Council: Dieter reports that the meeting is later
- Community Events: Greg reported that the Rose Parade (TORRA)
was looking for more Ham volunteers. Sign up available on the
web site: http://www.anet.net/~torra
- James announced the opening of nominations for club elections
per club by-laws.
Nominated today were:
James Feld by Ed Walker
Jay Procenko by Dieter Stussy - Declined
Juan Laysath by Dieter Stussy
Hugh Stegman by Dieter Stussy - Not present to accept.
David Birnbaum by Ed Walker
- Meeting was adjourned at 2045 and refreshments were served
by Simir. Next meeting scheduled to commence on November 1, 2000
at ~1930 (James will be absent).
In the absence of the Secretary, these minutes were submitted
by James Feld, N6KWI.