Minutes of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting 12/2/98
The eleventh* 1998 meeting of the Baldwin
Hills Amateur Radio Club was called
to order by the President, Ed, KD6LT, at 1943 on December 2. Also
in attendance were Ed, N6EW, Chairman of the Board; Dieter, KD6LVW,
the Vice-President; Hugh, NV6H,
the Secretary; and David, N6HGJ, our really cool Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Secretary read his awesomely hip minutes, which were accepted as
- N6EW gave the status update on the Club repeaters. Santiago, whose
8-bay for some unexplained reason became a 4-bay, is back up with an omnidirectional
pattern. Harvard is up and working great. Ten meters is working, as is
the band, with boucoups DX daily (pardon my French, but DX does this to
- N6HGJ happily took money for the Christmas
Those who joined us there had a great meal and a fine time.
- The Vice-President noted that TASMA has turned down the proposed new
band plan for 2 meters, but that APRS moved to 144.390 kHz.
- The Vice-President related the ongoing financial woes of Newsline
and This Week in Amateur Radio. This led to a lively discussion
on why Newsline costs so darn much, apparently $1200 per month,
to put out, when This Week does it for a fraction of this. It was
suggested that members kick in for Newsline donations when they
renew their Club dues, but that this would be put on hold until LAACARC
is through getting an accounting from Newsline.
- After talking about renewing memberships, the question was posed from
the floor of what the dues amount would be. Greg, last year's President,
likes a reduction to $20. A couple of other people said that they didn't
mind paying the present $30. Well, we'll find out this month.
- The digital voice recorder on the Santiago repeater, once a source
of great entertainment and more than a little controversy, is not forgotten,
but it is waiting for Spring of 1999 and (yes) the new controller for this
II. New Business
- The President took nominations for the upcoming elections. Your diligent
Secretary is running yet again. David, N6HGJ will undoubtedly be unopposed
for Membership Chairman/Treasurer for the rest of his life. Keith, WA6TFD,
was nominated in absentia for President, but we'll see if he accepts. This
year's President has personal changes going on, and now way he's gonna
do it again.
- After this, the President thanked Samir for his usual yummy refreshments,
and we stood ADJOURNED at 2044, until January 6, 1999.
*We didn't meet in January last year. There were 11 meetings. So sue
Submitted for approval this 6th day of January, 1999
by Hugh Stegman NV6H, Secretary