Minutes of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting
The second 1999 meeting of the Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the President, Ed,
KD6LT, at 1946 on February 3. Also in attendance were Ed, N6EW,
Chairman of the Board; Dieter, KD6LVW, the Vice-President; Hugh,
NV6H, the Secretary; and David, N6HGJ,
our esteemed Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- N6EW gave the monthly repeater status. Ten meters has some antenna
problems, but is operating. The rest are fine.
- The Secretary gave the ARRL report. This year's Hamcon is at the Queen
Mary, October 1 through 3.
- The Vice-President reported that 25 people came to the last VE test
session, with 80% doing well. He can not run for VP again, due to the time
pressures of being head of SCDCC, but will continue with the testing. Dieter
can use some help here.
- The Treasurer reminded everyone that the $30 dues were due, and could
be paid with the letter that went out to all members.
- Greg, N6AIS, asked from the floor how much was in the Club treasury.
Since it was time for the Chairman's yearly report anyway, he gave the
figure as around $500.
- Greg continued by noting that the UNCF Walk-A-Thon has a new date this
year, May 15, and that hams wanting to help with communication at this
worthy event could see him to sign up.
II. New Business
- The President re-opened nominations for elected officers. I was more
than pleased to again do the Secretary number. Keith, WA6TFD, was nominated
for Vice-President, and James, N6KWI, for President. David, N6HGJ, was
assured of a continuing lifetime tenure as Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
The name of Ed, N6EW, was placed into nomination for President, but seeing
as he declined, all offices were unopposed and these four were declared
ELECTED. They are the new BARC officers for 1999.
- Greg noted from the floor that people seeking a really fast Internet
connection should check out Digital Subscriber Line, which his company
(PacBell) has just rolled out. After this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2019,
until March 3, 1999.
Submitted for approval this 3rd day of March, 1999
by Hugh Stegman NV6H, Secretary