Minutes of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting
The third 1999 meeting of the Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the Secretary, Hugh,
NV6H, as the President, VP, and Chairman of the Board were not yet present.
Also in attendance was David, N6HGJ, our dogged Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- Ed, KD6LT, reported on the latest Los Angeles Area Council of Amateur
Radio Clubs meeting.
A. FCC Chairman Hollingsworth told hams that he is cracking down on enforcement,
as much to protect us from ourselves at spectrum allocation time as anything.
B. This year's Hamcon is at the Queen Mary, October 1 through 3, early
bird registration lasts until May 31.
C. Rancho Palos Verdes has a new tower law, sixty feet maximum but better
than no towers at all.
D. LAACARC has a web site (don't we all?): http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/pines/6236.
- The Membership Treasurer reported that the Club had $559.27 on hand.
II. New Business
- Greg, N6AIS, rose to remind us all that the L.A. Marathon meeting was
coming up (as was the Marathon).
- Jay, NY6L, mentioned that 28.48 had been hopping with good skip.
- After this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2020, until May 5, 1999.
Submitted for approval this 7th day of April, 1999
by Hugh Stegman NV6H, Secretary