Minutes of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting
The fourth 1999 meeting of the Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the President, James,
N6KWI, at 1945 on April 7, 1999. Also present were Ed, WA6MDJ, the Chairman
of the Board; Keith, N6TFD, the Vice-President; Hugh, NV6H, the Secretary;
and David, N6HGJ, our dedicated Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Secretary read the minutes from the March
meeting, which were accepted with a minor correction, that Greg's
call of course is KD6AIS (dumb, Hugh, DUMB!). Acting then in his capacity
as ARRL Representative, he plugged the League's insurance policy for hams,
a good deal, and the upcoming Queen Mary convention, an even better one.
- The Treasurer reported that the Club currently has an astonishing $794.27
in its membership account, and more to come with 3 more renewals to deposit.
- The Chairman reported on the Santiago 2-meter repeater, which is down
with a fried amplifier, so Baldwin Hills is currently primary. This system
is scheduled for more work when weather improves.
- Dieter, KD6LVW, reported that SCRRBA is about to consider 20-kHz spacing.
- Greg, who as we know is KD6AIS,
discussed BARC's participation in this year's Los Angeles Marathon. The
event went successfully, with the same minor glitches that come up every
year because they need to meet more often.
II. New Business
- Greg, N6AIS, reminded us all that the UNCF Walk-A-Thon will be in May,
and he can use hams to join with the Los Angeles ARC in helping out.
- Ed, WA6MDJ, noted that the monthly Club dinner has been moved to Jerry's
Deli, Marina Del Rey, at 7 PM.
- After this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2114, until May 5, 1999.
Submitted for approval this 5th day of May, 1999
by Hugh Stegman NV6H, Secretary