Minutes of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting
The fifth 1999 meeting of the Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the President, James,
N6KWI, at 1944 on May 5, 1999. Also present were Ed, WA6MDJ,
the Chairman of the Board; Hugh, NV6H, the Secretary; and David,
N6HGJ, our dedicated Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Secretary read the minutes from the April meeting, which were accepted
- The President noted that Field Day is coming up in June. Ed says that
Blue Ridge will be the site if it's open, and that in any event Colonel
Carl will do his usual great barbecue on Saturday for ten bucks a head.
- Ed asked David how many members the Club had, and was told somewhere
in the area of twenty.
- The Other Ed, our LAACARC representative, KD6LT, reports that
ARRL is working on PRB-1 and getting FCC off the can on the licensing revisions.
The FCC meeting at the HAMCON will be Friday (this is always fun...). LAACARC
is holding off donating to Newsline until they get more info on where the
- Dieter, KD6LVW, reported that SCRRBA met and will indeed go
to 20-kHz spacing. Repeaters on channels ending in 5 will drop down 5 kHz,
and some more open pairs will be created.
- Ed, WA6MDJ, continued the Santiago Peak 2M saga. The flakey
IPA in the transmitter decided to work again, and is in use, but a trip
to the Hill is indicated.
- David reported that our three new members were KD7EBM, KF6LLC,
- David put on his Treasurer's hat, and noted that the Club paid the
yearly room rental and now has $576.77, at least until the insurance comes
due in May and dings us another four bills.
II. New Business
- There was no new business. The June meeting will be about Field Day.
- After this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2039, until June 2, 1999.
Submitted for approval this 2nd day of June, 1999
by Hugh Stegman NV6H, Secretary