Minutes of Baldwin Hills ARC Meeting
The eighth 1999 meeting of the Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the Secretary, Hugh,
NV6H, at 2958 on August 4, 1999. Also present was David, N6HGJ,
our esteemed Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Secretary, acting as ARRL Representative, mentioned the upcoming
convention at the Queen Mary, and some issues relating to the FCC's new
Universal Licensing System. A lively discussion followed.
- The Secretary, acting in place of the President, called for committee
reports or any old business. The recent change in the SCRRBA band plan
from 25 to 20 kHz was discussed, since it affects many repeaters used by
II. New Business
- At this point the Secretary, still acting in his temporary capacity
as meeting chair, threw the floor open for ideas on how BARC could generate
more member interest. The usual ideas were given a good airing (better
west LA repeater coverage, more PR, lower dues). The President, James,
N6KWI, arrived during this discussion, and was handed the gavel
(or to be exact the rolled-up QST that Hugh had been whacking on the table,
seeing as James had the gavel with him).
- James mentioned that the Tesla coil video might be shown at the September
meeting, and that some other programs were in the works.
- After this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2050, until September 1, 1999.
Submitted for approval this 1st day of September, 1999
by Hugh Stegman, NV6H, Secretary