Minutes of Baldwin Hills ARC
The eleventh 1999 meeting of the Baldwin Hills
Amateur Radio Club was called to order by the Secretary, Hugh,
NV6H, at 1939 on November 3, 1999. The President, James, N6KWI,
arrived soon after, and was handed the virtual gavel. Also present was David,
N6HGJ, our dedicated Membership Chairman/Treasurer.
I. Old Business
- The Secretary read the minutes of the October meeting, which James
had been nice enough to take down. The Secretary lost his eye, but has
since glued it back onto the Official Pen. The minutes were approved.
- The Treasurer noted that we had $69 of treasure, with a bank fee about
to subtract $7.50 from that.
- Ed, KD6LT, reported on the LA Area Council of Amateur Radio
Clubs meeting held the previous night. ARRL is still fighting LA County's
decision to put a radio system on 2.4 gig. The Queen Mary convention was
a success, with 2000 in attendance.
- The Secretary, in his capacity of ARRL representative, commented on
the new rules for electronic contest submissions, as much as he understood
them any better than you do.
- Dieter, KD6LVW, noted that he is now secretary of the Southern
California Digital Communication Council. Congratulations are in order.
- Greg, KD6AIS, discussed community events, including repeater
site cleanup and the possibility of a bicycle event being included at the
next UNCF Walk-A-Thon.
II. New Business
- Dieter took the floor to propose a BARC packet node. (I'd use it.)
- Nominations were taken for the upcoming election. Greg, KD6AIS, and
David, N6HGJ, were both nominated for Treasurer, so we might even have
a contested election.
- After this, we stood ADJOURNED at 2026, until December 1, 1999.
Submitted for approval this 1st day of December, 1999
by Hugh Stegman, NV6H, Secretary